Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Acorn Influence. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands who support Breakfast at Lilly’s. #SCJMessyMoments
As we all know, spring has made its big debut and now it’s time to tackle your spring cleaning if you already haven’t. I am someone who tends to dread cleaning because life can get a little messy sometimes…but I do LOVE spring cleaning for some weird reason. It may be the fact that it’s so satisfying for me to clean out my closet and truly deep clean my entire apartment since that’s something I typically only do once or twice a year. Now without further ado, I am sharing some ways to streamline your spring cleaning process.
5 Ways to Streamline Your Spring Cleaning
- Make sure you have all the necessary supplies on hand // First things first, to ensure that I had all the right items to take on my spring cleaning, I headed to my Walmart and picked up the necessities like a new broom, a duster, and some cleaning supplies for the kitchen and bathroom such as Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner since my bathroom is always the most difficult and least favorite place to clean and I like to make the process as painless as possible. Scrubbing Bubbles® has always been a favorite cleaning product of mine because it really does leave my bathroom spotless. I think the best part about it is that when used as directed kills 99% of viruses and bacteria including Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1, Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2, Influenza A (H1N1) Virus, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Rotavirus. **Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica (Salmonella), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli (0157:H7) (E. coli), Listeria monocytogenes, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) because we all know that bathrooms are generally not the cleanest place even when you are consistently making an effort to clean it.
The home cleaning aisle at Walmart was really easy to navigate by the way. Sometimes going and picking up cleaning supplies can be daunting because the products all seem to run together, but not at Walmart.
2. Make a list of everything you need to get done & tackle one room at a time // Of course, spring cleaning can be a little overwhelming so you want to make sure that you’re taking it one room at a time so you can thoroughly clean each and every room to its fullest. I like to start with my closet and then go to the bedrooms and lastly take on the bathroom. I also make a list for each room prior to starting the process so I know how much time I am going to have to dedicate to each room.
3. Take the chance to reduce your clutter // Spring cleaning is the perfect time to reduce your clutter. During this time I make a point to go through all of my clothing, jewelry, shoes, and even beauty products to get rid of the old so that I can add new things to my collection.
4. Don’t try to get it all done in one weekend // Take your time with spring cleaning! If you try to fit it all into one day or even one weekend, chances are you’re going to rush through it and miss some important places and regret it later.
5. Take breaks here and there // If you clean for 8 hours straight you’re bound to get burnt out so take your spring cleaning in segments so that you can power through the process.
Do you have any tips on ways to streamline your spring cleaning process? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!