Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Groupon Coupons. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands who support Breakfast at Lilly’s.
Today I am going to talk about 5 ways to save money this summer without sacrificing the things you love like trips to the mall or a trip to get ice cream on a hot day. Because who doesn’t enjoy saving a little money and still get to enjoy life? I know I do! Without further ado, 5 ways to save money this summer.
5 Ways to Save Money This Summer
- Automatically put a certain amount of money in savings with each paycheck // I know that not everyone has a job so they may not be able to do this, but by automatically putting money into my savings with each paycheck, my savings account has grown drastically and since that money doesn’t ever hit my checking account in the first place, I don’t really have a chance to even miss it.
- Keep track of your spending // Although I don’t have a “budget” persay, I try to refrain from spending more than 200 or so a month on extra things that I don’t really need. If I do exceed my allotted amount for the month, I make a point to not buy anything that isn’t a necessity the next month.
- Refrain from the daily Starbucks runs or fast food runs // Although coffee is some people’s fuel, those daily Starbucks trips and fast food runs are probably exhausting your bank account without you even realizing it. Those little five or six dollar runs add up in the end especially if you’re doing them on a daily basis. Try to make more food or coffee at home instead – it will definitely save a sizable amount of money…and then you will be able to do fun things with your friends like dinners or going out which you may not have been able to do because you were spending an unnecessary amount at Starbucks each day.
- Get crafty // Have a lot of celebrations coming up but not much money to pay for expensive gifts? Make something for them. Handmade gifts are more personal while also allowing you to save a little money. It’s a win-win situation, don’t you agree?
- Utilize Groupon Coupons // I have used Groupon Coupons a few times in the past and always gotten some great deals but little did I know that they offered discounts at some of my favorite retailers including Macy’s and Last Call – Neiman Marcus among many other wonderful stores. They also offer discounts from travel sites like Travelocity. Who knew? I sure didn’t! I know that I enjoy using sites like Travelocity to find the best deals for upcoming vacations.
Now of course these tips on how to save money can help you out any time of year, not just during the summer but since the summer season is quickly approaching – I thought it would be more fitting.
Have you used Groupon Coupons before? What did you think? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!