As some of you may already know, I am a self-proclaimed social media addict and I love a good Twitter chat so today I am going to share how to rock your next Twitter chat and also mention a few of my favorites that I try to participate in on a weekly basis.
First of all, what is a Twitter chat do you ask? A Twitter chat is a live event that takes place on Twitter that is typically focused on a specific topic. Each week, the topic varies slightly but is still pertinent to the original subject of the Twitter chat.
There are a multitude of Twitter chats out there but first before we get into how to rock your next Twitter chat, I am going to share some of my favorites.
Favorite Twitter Chats
#Ambitionista at 8 pm CT
I used to participate in this chat more often, but I still catch it from time to time. This Twitter community is filled with women with high ambitions and dreams and always leaves you feeling inspired at the end of each chat.
#CreativeCoffeeHour Monday at 8 pm CT
This is one Twitter chat that I rarely miss. I leave this Twitter chat each week feeling like I can take on the world. Callie created an amazing little community and her topics inspires us all and helps get the creative juices flowing each week. I have met a lot of awesome ladies in this chat also.
#CreateLounge Wednesday at 7 pm CT
#CreateLounge focuses heavily on creative entrepreneurs and bloggers and successfully building a community.
5 Ways to Rock Your Next Twitter Chat
- Give your full attention to the chat // I know we’re all multi-taskers but try to refrain from doing other things for the one hour that you’re participating in the Twitter chat. Trust me, you’ll miss something if you’re not paying attention because those babies move quickly.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag // This might sound obvious, but make sure to include the official hashtag in each tweet otherwise no one from the chat will be able to see your responses and that’s no good.
- Remember to use A1, A2, A3 when responding to questions // Another semi obvious one, but when responding to the questions in the chat make sure to include the corresponding number for each answer otherwise people won’t know which question you’re answering. Also it’s helpful to retweet the original question so your followers can follow along and possibly join in on the chat if they would like.
- Make true connections // Almost every time that I have participated in a Twitter chat I have made at least one new connection. Twitter chats allow you to meet people that you may have never stumbled across otherwise so make sure you’re interacting with others in the chat as much as you possibly can.
- Have fun with it // Although your first Twitter chat can be fairly overwhelming since it is very fast paced, make sure to enjoy yourself too! I remember being stressed out trying to keep up with my first chat but once I got a little more used to the flow of things, it got a lot easier.
Did this inspire you to join a Twitter chat in the near future? Catch me next Monday at my all time favorite Twitter chat #CreativeCoffeeHour! Happy tweeting.