Lessons I Learned from Being Greek
1. Time Management.
2. How to Communicate More Efficiently.
3. You Gain an Amazing Support System
4. Sorority Recruitment is no Joke.
5. Mandatory Study Hours Suck, But They Are Definitely Worth It.
6. It’s Not 4 Years, It’s For Life.
7. Take Advantage of Leadership Opportunities.
Not going to lie, when I first set foot into the real world I didn’t even think twice about how my sorority executive board experience would help me in the slightest..but I quickly came to realize that all of my leadership experience within my chapter had helped me to be a lot more confident when addressing a large group of people and overall be a better leader.
8. Ritual Will Really Touch Your Heart.
This is also very cheesy, but as someone who isn’t very religious, I was truly shocked at how much my sorority’s ritual ended up meaning to me. To share a bond with your sisters that no one else outside of your greek organization has any knowledge of is truly amazing.
9. How to Dress for Absolutely Any Occasion
Being in a sorority, you have lots of different events to dress up for including formal, chapter meetings, and various other events and you have to be properly dressed for each different occasion. I definitely learned what proper business attire was from being a sorority because we were required to wear business attire to basically every chapter meeting and would get reprimanded if we weren’t wearing the right thing. It has definitely been helpful in the real world because I already had some business-y clothes prior to entering the workforce.