Hey y’all and happy Friday to you! I am so excited that it’s the weekend because we’re moving to our new place tomorrow. Tonight we will be finishing up packing and by Saturday we will be in our new apartment. It’s going to be a long and Internet-less weekend, but that’s okay. Today I am sharing 5 ways to get your skin ready for spring.
I recently got the chance to read The Age Fix before it even hits the shelves. The Age Fix by Anthony Youn was very eye opening. Dr. Youn shares detailed information on practicing good skin care, both high end and drug store products for all skin types, and even gives a full meal plan so that you can start getting on track for healthier skin. I wasn’t sure what to think when I first cracked open the book because Anthony Youn is a plastic surgeon after all but he offers some very valuable information and the book truly surprised me in terms of helpfulness and cheaper alternatives. It also helped me gain a little knowledge on the more technical side of things as well which is always necessary. The Age Fix will be available for purchase on April 5th. Now onto sharing 5 ways to get your skin ready for spring.
5 Ways to Get Your Skin Ready for Spring
- Find a cleanser, serum and moisturizer that works for you skin type // Women tend to waste skin care products because we continuously buy new products without finishing the old ones because we are constantly sold on different products that seem to be miracle workers and eventually end up falling short. In the book, Dr. Youn shares a way to test exactly what skin type you have and shares both high end and drug store products for each skin type.
- Start eating healthier // Your skin is going to look way better if you do this. Junk food causes pimples along with other skin problems like wrinkles. Try to steer clear of the junk food, salt, and saturated fats if you can help it. Like I mentioned earlier, Dr. Youn gives you a full two week meal plan and also shares foods that provide you with all the essential vitamins and minerals to steer you in the direction of clearer and healthier skin.
- Wear sunscreen all the time // I absolutely can’t stress this one enough. You should be wearing sunscreen all year round because even in the winter those rays are still causing damage to your skin whether you realize that or not. My morning moisturizer has 15 SPF and I also usually put on a tinted moisturizer that also has sunscreen in the formulation for extra coverage.
- Form a skin care routine // If you don’t already have a skin care routine, you definitely need one. It doesn’t need to be anything fancy or expensive, but you need to do it every day. Personally, I use a cleanser, serum, and moisturizer every single day morning and night. About two to three times a week I will also exfoliate and use a mask of my choosing. Like I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t need to be expensive – just a little consistency needs to be in order to keep your skin in tip top shape.
- Drink lots of water // Drinking tons of water is so imperative to having soft, wrinkle-free skin. Since I have started drinking more water I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. I get a lot less acne and my feels less dry than it used to.
Related Post: Spring Beauty Wishlist
What are you doing to get your skin ready for spring this year ? Let me know down in the comments.
Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.