First Trimester Recap
In case you missed it, a couple of weeks ago I announced that I’m pregnant and now it’s time to share the lowdown of what happened during the first trimester of my pregnancy.
I actually found out that I was pregnant about a week after my missed period so around 4 weeks and before then was experiencing those normal pre-period symptoms like bloating and cramping.
Symptoms by Weeks:
- Sore Boobs – I’m pretty sure this was the first symptom I felt. My boobs were just sensitive to the touch. It was awful.
- Acid reflux – Through this period, I experienced so much acid reflux. It didn’t matter what I ate, I felt like I needed a TUMS prescription.
- Peeing a lot – I always associated frequent peeing with happening later in pregnancy but to my surprise, weeks 4-6 were spent relieving my bladder all the time.
- Constipation – I experienced so much constipation when we were on our vacation during week 6. It was bad. Thankfully this symptom seemed to have disappeared for the rest of trimester one because I was getting nervous.
- Bloating – The bloat was real weeks 5 and 6 – actually scratch that – it was bad all of my first trimester but it really started showing itself during week 5.
- Nausea & first time I threw up – Thankfully my vacation to Maine/Boston ended up falling during week 6 because I would’ve been miserable if it was any later in the first trimester. I made it through the whole vacation feeling fine but the day after we got back I experienced my first wave of nausea and got sick for the first time in my pregnancy.
- Exhaustion – Y’all I kid you not I slept like a newborn during weeks 7-9. I went from sleeping 6-7 hours a night to a solid 9-10 hours every night because I was just so dang tired.
- Nausea all day every day – Week 7 is when nausea really showed up and lasted nearly all day during weeks 7-9. It was the longest few weeks of my life haha.
- Throwing up often – At this point, I started throwing up more frequently and even had one day where I threw up like 4 times in one day.
- Continued off/on nausea – During this timeframe, I had pretty steady nausea but thankfully it wasn’t all day long anymore.
- Throwing up almost every single morning – My nausea lessened, but I still found myself hugging the toilet every single morning like it was my job.
Honestly, I can’t recall having any specific cravings during my first trimester. I always crave sweets so that’s nothing new but there was no weird combo of food that I craved or any out of the ordinary cravings that happened.
Y’all – chicken was not my best friend during the first trimester. I didn’t like outwardly reject it but it just never sounded good to me and I usually am all about chicken. I can’t think of anything else that absolutely repulsed me on a day-to-day basis but random things made me gag here and there for no reason at all.
Honestly, not too many physical changes during my first trimester. I didn’t gain any weight during this time frame and didn’t really see a bump start appearing quite yet.
I have loved using the What to Expect app and the Bump app. It’s been so fun to track my baby’s growth each week and learn more about each step of pregnancy because your girl is pretty clueless about all these things right now.
I’m already a few weeks into my second trimester and am looking forward to seeing what all happens during this trimester. I will see you guys soon as we will be announcing the gender this month.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!