Lately I have been working on making a big lifestyle change and taking charge of my health. Upon graduating from college two years ago, I gained a little bit of weight which I really wasn’t too thrilled about and now I am working on making the necessary changes that I should have made two years ago. Better late than never, right? Today I am going to be discussing how I went about establishing a workout routine, and one that I really love and am excited about each week so it makes gym time my stress relief time. Make sure to choose some good workout jams to make your workout even better.
Establishing a Workout Routine
- Find something that you like to do // You’re not going to be motivated to work out if you are doing something that you hate doing like running or lifting weights. I am personally not a fan of lifting weights by myself or working out by myself in general so I really enjoy taking group classes in dance, barre, and pilates to keep myself motivated but there are numerous other exercises that you can do that aren’t at a traditional gym as long as you get up and get moving.
- Keep yourself accountable // To keep myself accountable, I always write my workouts in my planner so I know what I am doing and when and will feel bad if I skip it especially since the wedding is less than 6 months out now.
- Make time for it // I know what you’re thinking, how could I possibly make time and add another activity to my schedule. I know I thought that before I started hitting the gym more often. You just need to make time in your schedule and schedule it ahead of time so you can plan accordingly.
- Start small // You gotta start somewhere so it’s okay to start exercising for 30 minutes a few times a week and work your way up to more time and more days. You don’t want to get burnt out quickly so there’s no need to work yourself too much in the beginning.
- Drink lots of water // You don’t want to get dehydrated in the middle of your workout because you’re not consuming enough water so make sure to drink lots of water before, during, and after you workout.
Have you tried establishing a workout routine yet? I would love to know what you do! Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!