7 lessons I learned my first year of blogging you say? So I have officially been blogging for an entire year, how crazy is that? It completely flew by and I am so happy to have picked up this wonderful and rewarding hobby. I absolutely cannot wait to see what the next year brings me and Breakfast at Lilly’s. So I thought it would be fitting to share 7 lessons I learned my first year of blogging.
7 Lessons I Learned my First Year of Blogging
- Pageviews aren’t everything // Although it’s been nice to have seen a pretty large increase in traffic over the last year, I need to continue to keep in mind that pageviews aren’t everything and that some posts are just going to be more popular than others and that’s okay.
- Blogging is actually a lot of work // Prior to becoming a blogger myself, I would have never guessed how much work that it actually takes to be a blogger. I never knew you had to write, photograph, schedule posts, interact with others, make posts SEO friendly and more. It has been so rewarding though and I wouldn’t change a thing.
- You need community // When I first started blogging I didn’t realize that having community was such an essential. Having a consistent group of people that you can rely on when the going gets tough is so necessary.
- Not everyone is going to like your blog // Just like not every person is going to like you, not every person is going to like your blog and that is completely okay. Just keep on your way, I promise there are people out there that enjoy your content.
- Never stop learning // I am always looking to learn new things to make Breakfast at Lilly’s the best that it can be so that’s why I am constantly seeking out new webinars and ecourses among other things to ensure that I am constantly striving to do more with my blog.
- It’s okay to invest in your blog // For awhile I didn’t realize how important it is to invest in your blog so I didn’t and I am really kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Now that I have I have learned so much and feel like I can provide my readers with bigger and better things because of it.
- Share others content // I have learned that sharing others content on my social media channels is just important as sharing my own. This allows you to connect with other bloggers and share the wealth of content.
What have you learned from blogging? Let me know down in the comments.
RELATED: 2016 Blogging Goals
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!