While I only just started blogging this year, I have learned so many valuable things during my short time. Today I am going to share with you the top 5 things I did to grow my blog in 2015. Hope you enjoy and learn a few things for yourself.
5 Things I Did to Grow my Blog in 2015
- Joined Facebook Communities – I can’t tell you enough how much this has helped for my traffic. Before I started using FB groups, I was hardly getting any traffic. Now I am finally starting to get direct traffic but I still use Facebook groups to get my posts out there as often as I can. If you are not a member of any Facebook groups, I would recommend that you join some pronto. My favorites are Millennial Blogger Network (which I am an admin for), Show Your Blog Love, The Blogging Elite, and Blog Passion Project.
- Utilized StumbleUpon – I honestly wish I would have started using this site sooner because it has been the ultimate game changer. I only started using it in November, but I have already seen crazy spikes in traffic because of my efforts with using this site. I will definitely continue doing this in 2016 as it is very useful.
- Commented on other blogs – Although I don’t have time to do this every single day, I try to comment on new blogs as often as possible. I love finding new blogs to read and in turn, a lot of the time I found that people usually will return the favor and comment on my blog as well.
- Made my blog SEO-friendly – While this is still a work in progress after I switched to self-hosted WordPress back in October, I have found that making my posts appeal to SEO, I was driving more traffic to my site without having to do too much extra leg work.
- Google Keyword Planner – Again, I only started doing this towards to end of the year after I switched from Blogger to WordPress and learned a little more about the blogging game but it has helped so much. I love that I can see what people are searching and be able to use those certain keywords in my posts and thus drive more traffic to my blog via different search engines.
I am so proud of how much I have accomplished with this little old blog in 2015 and can’t wait to see what 2016 brings for Breakfast at Lilly’s.
Do you have any tips on how to grow your blog? Let me know down in the comments.