Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands who support Breakfast at Lilly’s.
Summer time is one of my favorite times to be out and about participating in my favorite outdoor activities. Although it’s super hot outside, especially in my part of Texas, summer just brings me to a place of happiness and freedom, even as a working adult. My weekends are typically spent outside getting as much fresh air as possible because during the week I’m stuck inside at my 9-5. Now without further ado, my list of 5 fun outdoor activities to do this summer.
5 Fun Outdoor Activities to do this Summer
- Head to the pool // I don’t know about you, but I basically grew up at the pool. I spent my summer’s in my backyard swimming and BBQing all day and night long. To this day, I try to hit up the pool at my apartment complex often because there’s just something about taking a dip in the pool on a hot summer day.
- Mini golfing or TopGolf // For some reason, I am still very much a kid at heart and really enjoy going mini golfing or to TopGolf which is conveniently located right next to my apartment complex. TopGolf is the adult’s version of mini golf because it’s essentially just a huge driving range where you can play with a group of friends and hit balls off a 3-story building. We’re pretty much addicted and go at least twice a month, especially when summer time rolls around.
- Float the river // I’m not sure if this is as common in other areas of the US, but in the summer time here in Texas, floating the river is a must and it’s an all-day affair. It’s only a 30 minute drive to the nearest float rental place so at least once every summer, we head to the river and float all day long.
- Go to the zoo // The zoo is one of my favorite activities because I love being able to see all of the animals, but namely the giraffes. They just opened up a giraffe feeding exhibit at the local zoo so I absolutely cannot wait to go again and be able to feed the giraffes.
- Go to an amusement park or water park // As someone who is a huge advocate for thrilling rides, going to Six Flags is a must for me. We went a few weeks ago and it was so much fun. A water park is also another great option in the summer months so you can cool down in the hot summer sun.
As I’m sure you already know, I am pretty pale so when I’m participating in all of my favorite fun outdoor activities, it’s vital that I apply sunscreen throughout the duration of my time spent outside. I try to apply sunscreen every 2 hours and even more when it involves water activities to ensure that I don’t get burned. Even if you’re not as pale as me, applying sunscreen during the hot summer months should be forefront in your mind because even if you don’t typically burn, you are still doing damage to your skin when you forgo applying sunscreen.
I have been using Hawaiian Tropic’s Silk Hydration Weightless Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 to keep my skin both hydrated and protected from the sun throughout all of my outdoor summer activities. The Silk Hydration Sunscreen SPF 30 provides up to 12 hours of moisturization and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. Once I’m out of the sun for the day, I then apply Hawaiian Tropic’s Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance After Sun Moisturizer. This lotion soothes, softens, and leaves your skin radiant after a long day in the sun. Bonus points because it also smells absolutely amazing. You can find both of these products at any mass grocery and drugstore retailers nationwide. Make sure you check out Hawaiian Tropic’s Facebook page here.
Related: 5 Ways to Save Money This Summer
What are your favorite fun outdoor activities for the summer time? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!