Today’s post is all about my 25 before 25. Because I just turned 24, I wanted to do a sort of bucket list of things that I want to complete before I turn 25. I’ve seen quite a few lists like this rolling around so I thought that it would be fun to do my own. Hope y’all enjoy my 25 before 25 list!
If you know anything about me, you know that I am one of those people who absolutely loves making lists so I thought a 25 before 25 list would be quite fitting because it will help hold me accountable while sharing a fun list with y’all.
25 Before 25
Travel to a new place// I am not sure where I will be traveling this year so I don’t know if I’ll be able to achieve this one but I sure hope so. Buy a new car// (January 2016) My poor little baby is finally on its last leg. I anticipate purchasing a new vehicle this year since my car just turned 9 years old. Be fearless// I plan to be fearless this year because it’s the year that I get married and will be stepping into a whole new world of things come November so why not take on new things the entire year?
- Be more present // One of my 2016 resolutions but I really want to make sure that I accomplish this one. I feel like as soon as I come home I am glued to my computer so I want to make a conscious effort to be more present.
- Save 6k in my emergency fund // This is just a bit more than what will automatically go into my savings account over the course of this next year but this just gives me the extra push to add more money during those months where I am not spending as much.
- Participate in a 30-day challenge // Whether this is a workout challenge or a clean eating challenge, I want to prove to myself that I can consistently do something for 30 days and then hopefully it’ll become a habit. Here’s to hoping, eh?
Finish accumulating my home decor(May 2016)
- Become a more positive person // I think I have improved this drastically over the past few years but I want to be even more positive. I feel like being positive makes my life all the more better so why not focus on it a little more.
- Participate in a no spend month // I’ve been wanting to do one of these and now is the time. I was thinking maybe March or April since there are no holidays that I’d need to spend extra money.
- Learn how to cook // Before I turn 25 I will be a married woman so learning how to cook at least a few dishes is essential.
Hold myself more accountable for my spending// I don’t really have a budget and spend more than I probably should. I definitely save money each month but I know that I could be saving much more if I was more intentional about it. Get a bonus at work //(March 2016) Not sure if this is in the cards since I only started in September but this would be an awesome thing to achieve before I was 25 because it would be pretty nice. Send more snail mail// Technology takes over my life and basically everyone else my age’s so I’d love to send more snail mail this year. I’ll probably accomplish this one due to save the dates, wedding invitations, and thank you cards but I plan to send out more than just that.
- Work to improve my photography skills // This was one of my 2016 blogging goals and I really do want to improve on it. Photography is one of my weaker points so strengthening my skills would make my blog way better.
Take better care of my skin// Not going to lie, some nights I don’t even wash my face so this has got to change. I have been wearing more makeup now that I am in the working world so I need to take better care of my skin because I have been experiencing more breakouts than usual.
- Go skydiving // I’ve always wanted to go skydiving so what better time than before I turn 25?
- Work on keeping my apartment neater // I keep my work desk very tidy but my apartment not so much. I truly hate cleaning but I feel like if I just put things where they belonged from the get go then I wouldn’t have to.
- Start making more passive income // I’ve kind of started doing this but I want to further work on this. Making money while you sleep is nice so I’d like to do more of that.
Drink more water// I’ve been implementing this since 2016 began but want to continue working on it throughout the year. So far, so good.
- Learn how to code a little better // I’ve learned a little coding here and there but I want to feel a little more comfortable with it.
Stop trying to do everything all at once// I’m always trying to browse social media, study for my class, and write a blog post all at once and it’s not always successful. I feel like I need to focus on one task at a time and that will improve my process. Fully redesign my site //I have been wanting to do this for awhile but WordPress redesigns are pretty pricey so I am saving up money to do this sometime this year. Be more intentional with my time //This kind of goes with #21. If I am more intentional with my time, I will get more done in a quicker amount so that’s what I am working on.
- Get rid of clothing I don’t truly love // I have been meaning to do this so I feel like what better time than now? I’d love to get rid of the clothes I never wear and leave my closet with quality pieces that I truly love.
- Always make time for myself // This is a big one and because of that it’s the reason it’s the last one on my 25 before 25. I rarely get to relax so it’s about time I made some time for myself.
What are some things you want to accomplish before 25? Feel free to share your own 25 before 25 down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!