I hope that everyone had an absolutely amazing Christmas yesterday. I know that I sure did and I’m not quite ready to go back to work tomorrow but such is life. Today I’m going to be sharing a recap of my 2016 blogging goals and a little peek into my 2017 blogging goals. Setting goals each year for your blog is key and helps me hold myself accountable and go into the new year with a plan. Now let’s jump into my 2017 blogging goals.
2016 Blogging Goals Recap
Redesign my website and get a consistent branding //I think I have been able to achieve this! I’m not 100% sold on my design, but it does for now. However, I do LOVE the templates that I made recently and plan on sticking with those for quite some time.
- Respond to all comments within 72 hours // Yikes, I got really bad about not responding around August and wasn’t able to pick up the slack again…but I did do better with this at the beginning of the year so I won’t completely count this one as a fail.
Increase my traffic //This was a success! I don’t have billions of readers each month, but that’s completely okay with me. I have quite a few loyal readers and for that I am thankful.
- Grow all Social Media Channels to 2,500+ // I am SO close. I’m at 2,000 and some on Twitter and 2.2k on Facebook. What a bummer but I definitely did experience a pretty big increase so I’m not complaining.
- Continue posting at least 3 times a week // So for the longest time I was posting 3x a week but once I started Confetti Social I dropped down to 2x a week. Since I will be done with my job in January, I plan to increase it back to 3x per week.
Finish Helene’s blogging courses + Pinfinite Growth and invest in new courses //I finished these courses and was able to purchase a few new ones that I’m steadily working through. Start gaining newsletter subscribersand send out a newsletter at least once a month // I sure did gain more subscribers but I wasn’t consistent with my newsletter for Breakfast at Lilly’s. I want to start being more consistent again in 2017 so wish me luck with this goal.
- Get business cards // Nope…definitely didn’t do this so this will be moved to my 2017 list.
- Become a better photographer // This one is italicized because while I think I got better at photography, I still have SO much to learn so this goal will surely be ongoing.
Continue posting quality content //I definitely was able to achieve this one! Here’s to more awesome content in 2017.
2017 Blogging Goals
Get back into fashion posts
I really miss doing fashion related posts so I want to pick back up with them in 2017. I’m going to have my sorority little taking photos of me a couple of times a month so I can start to get back into the swing of things with fashion posts.
Be consistent with my newsletter
I have built up a pretty decent list now but I want to be more consistent with sending out content to my lovely subscribers. Do you have any suggestions on what you’d like me to send? Feel free to let me know in the comments section.
Continue to grow my blog traffic and social media following
Last year I was able to truly increase both my blog traffic and social media following but I want to continue doing that in 2017. I definitely plan on trying out new strategies so that my traffic doesn’t become stagnant.
Blog Traffic goal: 15k pageviews monthly
Attend a blogging conference
I have never been to a blogging conference before so I want to go to at least one in 2017. I have a few in mind that I’m looking into but if you have any recommendations, definitely let me know. I’d love to go with some other blogger friends.
Invest in more courses to better my blog/biz
Last year I made quite a few big investments to help me continue growing this little blog of mine and I definitely want to continue doing that in 2017. These investments help me stay on top of the blogging game and are worth every penny.
Continue to monetize my blog
In 2016, I was able to work on monetization a lot more which was awesome and I plan to continue doing that in 2017. I also want to start pitching myself to brands instead of always relying on influencer networks because they don’t always have opportunities that fit with me and my blog.
What are your 2017 blogging goals? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!