Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Groupon. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support Breakfast at Lilly’s.
Saving money isn’t always a walk in the park, believe me. I used to blow all of my paychecks in college on going out to eat and shopping trips but it wasn’t a smart financial decision on my part. Since graduating from college, I have gotten so much better about saving money and finding good deals so I can still enjoy myself when I am balling on a budget. Now onto my 5 ways to save money this fall.
5 Ways to Save Money this Fall
- Declutter your closet and sell your clothes // I’m a huge fan of decluttering but I’m an even bigger fan of getting money for the clothes that I don’t want anymore. Take advantage of your local consignment stores or Plato’s Closet if there is one in your town and make money on the gently used but still stylish clothes in your closet. Once you’ve sold your best clothes, then take the rest of the clothes to Goodwill.
- Take advantage of sales // I don’t know about you, but I HATE buying stuff full price unless I absolutely have to. I’m the type of girl who goes all out when things go on sale. Christmas will be here before we know it so make sure to stock up on gifts for your friends and family while the sales are going on.
- Get rid of cable for Hulu and Netflix // My fiance’ and I went without cable for 2 years and while we missed it sometimes, it was worth the money that we saved. If you’re wanting to save some major cash, cut the cord. You will be able to save some money and most of the time, I was able to catch my favorite shows online so you’re really not missing that much when you get rid of cable.
- Limit the amount you eat out // Eating out is not only costly but can also be pretty unhealthy so reevaluate your priorities and start eating at home more often. Your bank account and physique will thank you.
- Utilize Groupon // If you’ve been reading for awhile, you probably already know about my love for Groupon because I have mentioned it quite a few times on this blog. Groupon Goods has a variety of deals that you can take advantage of on a daily basis. They have flash sales with items that people actually want like the Apple Watch or even your favorite hair products. There’s new deals every day so you’re going to want to browse Groupon as often as possible.
Related: 5 Ways to Save Money This Summer
What are your ways to save money this fall? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!