Hey y’all, Happy Friday! We all know how impossible it is to get going sometimes so today I am sharing some ways to maximize productivity and be your best self even when you’re not feeling up to it. There are some days that I wish I could just lay in bed and watch Netflix all day without dealing with any other obligations…but we all know that just can’t happen. Here are some ways to maximize productivity, especially on those days that you don’t feel like doing anything.
Ways to Maximize Productivity
- Make a to-do list – Map out everything you need to get done for the day and prioritize your most important tasks. This will ensure that you’re putting the majority of your focus on the most important tasks and then going to the ones that aren’t as high of priority at a later date.
- Take regular breaks – Taking breaks increasing productivity so that you can be even more focused. I tend to get up and walk around or stretch so that my eyes and brain can have a little rest and then I come back to my desk feeling ready to jump back into my work.
- Minimize interruptions – Create a set time to answer and respond to emails so you’re not constantly checking to see if you missed any emails. This will distract you from getting what you need to get done. Also try to avoid conversing with your coworkers or friends during this time to ensure that you’re successful in finishing that to-do list. I know it’s difficult to avoid people sometimes, but if you’re in the middle of a deadline, it’s so necessary.
- Work in 90 minute intervals – This is essential for maximizing productivity. This is what I strive to do at work. I think I think it really does work because around the hour and a half mark of working away at your computer your brain starts to wonder and move onto other non important tasks such as surfing the web, or at least mine does.
- Try to avoid unnecessarily long meetings – I know this can be difficult because you can’t really dictate how long a meeting is going to last and if people are going to go off on a random tangent but you can make sure that you are not participating in the banter that makes what could be a short meeting into a long one.
What are some of your ways to maximize productivity? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!