As you already know, I’m not married quite yet but I surveyed a group of women from a group I’m in called The Wedding Connection about what things brides forget for the big day. Some of the answers were small things like cute hangers for the bride + bridesmaids to display their clothing on for photos prior to the wedding and others were a bit larger.
5 Things Brides Forget for their Big Day
- Their sanity // This one was one of the very first responses I got and it cracked me up because I’m right there with them. I feel like a crazy lady lately and it’s so silly because it’s just one day of my life. My marriage is way more important than my wedding but sometimes my brain forgets that. I hope I can keep my sanity the day of the wedding and not snap at anyone. Fingers crossed for me on this one.
- To eat // This one was mentioned in the thread multiple times so I felt like I had to include it. This is one thing that I will not be missing because I’m addicted to food and apparently my day of coordinator will bring us food to our table prior to anyone else eating so that’s a huge relief. Our venue also gives us sandwiches and chocolate covered strawberries while in the bridal suite so no one has to worry about eating beforehand.
- Cake knife server set // This is another one that got a few responses so I figured it was one of those things that is often forgotten for your big day. We ordered a custom cake knife server set instead of having our venue bring it for us so this is something I’ll need to have in my little box of wedding stuff and won’t have the chance to forget.
- Cute hangers // My fabulous MOH ordered these for all of the girls so I know that they’ll be there but I can totally see why these would something that one would forget because they’re not something that’s at the front of everyone’s minds.
- Gifts for your parents/grooms parents // This one wasn’t suggested to me, but since it’s something Michael and I completely forgot about until yesterday (17 days out from the wedding) I felt like it should be included in this list. Luckily, we got the presents all squared away now but it was something that slipped our mind.
If you’ve gotten married already, what are some things that you forgot for the big day? Please feel free to let me know in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!