Since I am going to be traveling at least once a month for the next few months, I figured I’d share my 10 travel essentials. I will be traveling by car for pretty much all of my trips so my essentials will probably be a little different than someone who is traveling by plane but I still figured it’d be a handy post to make. Onto my travel essentials. These will include everything but clothes because that’s just obvious.
10 Travel Essentials
- A good book // When traveling having a good book on hand is necessary. At times you will get bored so fitting in a little reading time will help the trip go by quicker.
- Headphones // I always bring headphones in my purse because you never know when you’ll need them. If the person you’re traveling with doesn’t want to listen to the same music as you, you can always just pop in your headphones and call it a day.
- Pillow/blanket // I always bring my own pillow and blanket especially during road trips. Sometimes you just need a little nap so these definitely come in handy.
- Toiletries Case filled with toiletries // I always travel with my cute toiletries case from Vera Bradley. I fill it with anything and everything I will ever need during the trip.
- Snacks // I always like to have snacks on hand when traveling because you never know when you will get hungry during a long drive and also to minimize my stops at random gas stations.
- Medicine // I bring medicine anytime I travel because I tend to get headaches after a long day of traveling so this is a definite must.
- A Good Playlist or Podcast List // I am not really sure what I would do without a good playlist or podcast when driving long distances. The radio gets old pretty fast so it’s nice to have your own music or a new podcast to listen to while making the drive.
- Water Bottle // I always have water with me during my drives so that I can minimize my stops and keep on trucking to my destination.
- Cash // Because sometimes toll roads just don’t accept credit cards. There’s a ton of toll roads in Texas so if you don’t have a toll tag, then make sure to have this on hand.
- Car Charger // Since you’re probably using your phone’s GPS, your battery is going to drain fairly quickly. Make sure you have a car charger so you don’t end up lost because your GPS and lifeline aka your phone died.
What are your top 10 travel essentials? Let me down in the comments.
Making sure your hair is kept healthy is essential. Today I’m sharing 6 tips for healthier hair to ensure that your hair is always at its best.
Another month has come and gone and now it’s time to set my November goals. I actually did alright with my October goals but I definitely could have done a little better. Now onto sharing my recap of my October goals and then my November goals.
Recap of October Goals:
1. Finish my media kit // Nope, still haven’t been able to do this. Anyone have any suggestions on a good template designer so that I can get the ball rolling again.
2. Be on top of my assignments in class // I have been on top of my stuff in my class and currently have an A which I hope to keep throughout the semester and should be able to if I continue on the same path.
3. Continue eating healthy during the week // This was a SUCCESS. I only allowed myself to eat out on Fridays during the week which has been a challenge but it’s been good for both my health and my bank account.
4. Save at least 700 dollars from my paycheck // Okay so I didn’t save 700 dollars from my paycheck, but I saved 500…so I’d say that’s pretty good.
All in all I accomplished 2/4 of my goals which is definitely a lot better than last month…but there is definitely some room for improvement.
- Read at least one book // There are so many books that I have been dying to read that I just haven’t been able to get around to. I hope find some time to read this month, even if it’s just a little here and there.
- Save money // While I am not going to set an actual goal amount, I am just going to watch what I spend and not buy anything too unnecessary. Of course, I plan to participate in Black Friday festivities but I will not go overboard.
- Finish my stats class with an A // Although my final is not until the first week of December, I felt that this was more suited for this month because I have all of this month to completely immerse myself in my studies and finish strong.
- Get a consistent cleaning schedule // Because I am going to be out of town 2 weekends this month, I need to be better about cleaning up my mess before it has a chance to pile up and be left for me to clean up when the weekend rolls around. Know of any good cleaning schedules? Send them my way.
- Start working out 3 times a week // This is a struggle because I am not a morning person and don’t have time at night between blogging and school, but I need to just go ahead and do it. I have a wedding body to attain.
What are your November goals? Let me know down in the comments.
Hello guys! I actually can’t believe that it’s already November. Where has the time gone? I feel like just yesterday it was May and now it’s the second to last month of 2015. I can’t even believe it. I am back today with my October traffic report. You can see my previous ones here and here. I have really enjoyed doing these because I like knowing where I can improve and where I am excelling in each month…and trying to get to 10k pageviews per month.
This month my pageviews kind of dropped a little bit, but I believe that it was due to people being busy with school and also the fact that I was so busy that I wasn’t able to engage with as many blogs as usual. Hopefully I will be a little better about this during November since I will not be as stressed out with my stats class anymore.
October Traffic Report
Happy Friday, y’all! I hope everyone is pumped for the weekend, especially since it’s Halloweekend. I don’t have any super exciting plans but it’ll be nice to just relax before my crazy week next week. It’s time to link up again with Allison from Because I Said So and discuss the ins and outs of this month.
- Being productive // I feel so much better when I am super busy and productive. I love how accomplished I feel at the end of each and every day.
- Weekends // Because when are they not “in”? My only wish is that there was an extra day between Saturday and Sunday.
- My fall TV lineup // My fall TV schedule keeps me sane. I like to take a break from homework and blogging each night to catch up on one of my TV shows.
- Waking up early // This will always be a no for me. I don’t think I will ever be a morning person but that’s okay.
- Traffic // I am officially over sitting in traffic every afternoon. The other day it took me an hour and a half to get home from work. I was not feeling it at ALL. Jealous of all the people who have a 30 minute or less commute each day.
- My messy apartment // I definitely have been putting cleaning on the back burner lately and only finding time to straighten up on the weekends..and then having it get messy again by Wednesday. I need to find some sort of cleaning schedule so I don’t have to spend my weekends cleaning up.
What are your ins and outs for October? Let me know down in the comments.