I know I say this pretty much every month, but I absolutely cannot believe that it’s already time to post my May goals. I feel like the months are just flying by and soon enough it will be time for my wedding which is absolutely crazy to even think about because there are so many things to be done before then. I traveled 3/4 weekends in April so that could have attributed to the whole flying by thing, I’m sure. If you’re a big fan of goal setting posts, you should give my other goal related posts a read. Now without further ado, onto my May goals.
Recap of April Goals:
- Read two books // I’m going to give myself half credit for this one because I was able to read at least one book this month.
Work out once a week//YAY me. I was actually able to do this. I plan on signing up for Pure Barre soon so I hope that will inspire me to work out even more often since I’ll be spending my own money on the classes. Continue not drinking soda //3 months down! I don’t think I will have any issues resisting soda anymore and I am so glad I was able to let it go once and for all. It feels great. Start working on setting up my office //I am excited to say that my desk is set up. I am definitely not finished with all of the decor that I plan on putting on my desk but at least the room has started coming together. Figure out the flowers for the wedding //I picked out all of my wedding floral arrangements and I am so stoked about them.
- Stop procrastinating on my school assignments // I wasn’t so successful with this goal. I have still been putting things off until the last minute but I have still been doing well in the classes. Hopefully I can start making this change soon.I give myself a 4.5/6 which isn’t too shabby since I was traveling a lot this month and didn’t have as much extra time as I would normally.
- Read one book // I hope to read more than one book this month, but I don’t want to say I am going to read more than one and not be able to make time for it. Still hoping to meet my 2016 reading goal so I need to start reading more each month.
- Save money // Last month I spent a little more than I anticipated because we moved into our new apartment so I am hoping to cut back on all frivolous spending this month so that I can add more to my savings account.
- Make at least one content upgrade for my posts // I have been wanting to do this for quite some time but haven’t gotten around to it just yet. I hope that May is finally the month that I can do that. Let me know what you’d like to see as a content upgrade on Breakfast at Lilly’s.
- Get active for 30 minutes a day at least 3x a week // Because clearly just telling myself to work out doesn’t cut it. I was able to get it done once a week but that’s not enough. Ideally, I’d like to dedicate 30 minutes each day to some kind of physical activity but I will have to work myself up to that.
- Eat healthy during the week // I typically do this but I need to cut out all of the junk during the week and only allow myself to eat a little less healthy during the weekends. There have been too many week nights where I find myself craving junk food and it needs to stop.
I think that’s enough for May! Hopefully I do a little better this month than last. Good luck with your May goals, everyone.
It’s the fifth month of the monthly goal-setting link-up called The Road to a Better Me! As a way to both share our goals with our readers and keep ourselves accountable, Brittany and I created this link-up to motivate all of us reach our goals! This link-up starts today, May 3rd and will be the first Wednesday of every month throughout the entire year. Each link-up will stay open until the following Saturday. Your post can be anything related to goal-setting including monthly goals, blogging goals, personal goals, etc.
We would love for you join this exciting monthly link-up! Remember to use the hashtag #theroadtoabetterme when posting on any social media sites. Also, please visit others blogs in the link-up and comment on them to make this link-up even more fun.
[inlinkz_linkup id=630445 mode=1]
What are your May goals? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!