Happy Monday, y’all. I hope you had a fantastic weekend. As someone who is truly not a morning person, I have decided that I wanted to share a few tips on how to make the most of your mornings. Mondays are definitely not my favorite day of the week and mornings are not my favorite time of the day so without further ado, here’s how I try to make the most of my day by starting off with a productive morning.
PC: Rekita Nicole
6 Tips for a Productive Morning
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier // I am not a morning person by any means but I always try to refrain from hitting snooze in the mornings because it only seems to make me more tired. To be ready to leave my house by 7:50, I don’t have to wake up until 7:15 but I try to wake up by 7 at the very latest so that I don’t have to rush my morning routine.
- Implement a morning routine // Whether your morning routine consists of breakfast and coffee at home or you take some time in the morning to do some chores or a short workout routine, make sure you have some sort of a morning routine so that you can enjoy yourself for a little or get your life in order before going to work or school all day.
- Don’t check your work email until you get to work // Although some may beg to differ, sometimes checking your work email before you get into work can be more stressful than it’s worth. I try to not check mine until I get to work that morning in order to have a peaceful morning.
- Have your outfit ready and bag packed the night before // I don’t always do this but I have noticed that when I do, it makes my morning so much more organized and less rushed. If I do this each day, all I have to do is grab my lunch out of the fridge and head out the door instead of picking out clothing to wear and then having to prepare my bag for the day and ultimately either forgetting something or ending up being late to work.
- Eat breakfast // I am guilty of not eating breakfast until I get to work, but make sure you’re eating some type of breakfast each morning. I typically opt for a Luna bar or some oatmeal. It helps me start my day off on the right foot and fills me up until lunch time.
- Make your to-do list for the day // As soon as I get to work, I check my calendar and start making my to-do list while it’s fresh on the brain so that I don’t forget any important tasks that need to be done that day.
What do you do to have a productive morning? Let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!