It’s the first week of 2016 and I am pretty much ready to tackle whatever comes my way. I am so excited for this month and just this year in general and I can’t wait for all the amazing memories to come. Now onto my January goals!
Recap of December Goals:
- Pick my wedding photographer and videographer // Semi success! I haven’t picked a videographer just yet but I have been in contact with a few trying to figure out rates and whatnot so that’s at least progress. I do have my photographer for the wedding picked out though!
- Get some blogging goals in place for 2016 // Complete. I actually blogged about them here and I am completely stoked to take on all my blogging goals this year.
- Read at least one book // Success! I was actually able to read two books during December so that was exciting.
- Go to the gym at least once a week // I went to the gym once a week for most of December but then kind of fell off the wagon during the holidays. Time to get back to it in January.
- Finish tweaking my blog posts and making them all SEO-friendly // Complete! I have finally finished updating all of my post and making them SEO friendly. Hopefully this helps my site in the long term.
I’d give myself a 4.5/5 since two goals were semi complete which isn’t half bad considering that it was the holidays.
- Finalize wedding invite list and get addresses so we can send out our save the dates // This is a pretty pressing one. I have my photo and design for the save the date picked out but I can’t order them until I know the exact numbers. We’re planning on sending out the save the dates sometime in February so knocking this out during January would be ideal.
- Workout twice per week // I pretty much succeeded once a week so now it’s time to try for twice per week. I hope I can wake up early and knock out a workout at least once a week and then go to the gym once or twice on the weekend.
- Read two books // Because I was able to read 2 books last month, I want to strive to do that again this month. I am currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and I am really enjoying it so far. Not sure what my second book will be since I have a plethora of books to choose from.
- Don’t procrastinate on my coursework // The other day I wrote a paper in less than a day because I procrastinated and I don’t want that to become habitual so I vow to be on top of my coursework this month even though it’s been a bit of a struggle lately.
- Save money // After the crazy spending that happened during in the month of December, I plan on saving as much as my paychecks as possible.
I am so excited to announce that Brittany from Southern Soul and I will be starting a monthly goal-setting link-up called The Road to a Better Me! As a way to both share our goals with our readers and keep ourselves accountable, Brittany and I created this link-up to motivate all of us reach our goals! This link-up starts today, January 6 and will be the first Wednesday of every month throughout the year. Each link-up will stay open until the following Saturday. Your post can be anything related to goal-setting including monthly goals, blogging goals, personal goals, etc.
For more details and monthly reminders, sign up for my eNewsletter here!
We would love for you join us in this exciting monthly link-up! Remember to use the hashtag #theroadtoabetterme when posting on any social media sites and grab our button as well.
[inlinkz_linkup id=596577 mode=1]
That’s all for my January goals. What are your January goals? Feel free to link-up or let me know down in the comments.