Hey y’all! Honestly, it was so weird to take a week off from blogging but it was completely necessary. As most of you know, last week I was honeymooning with my hubby in the beautiful Caribbean. We had an absolute blast and I cannot wait to share a recap of our travels in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that.
Thanksgiving is quickly approaching this Thursday and I don’t know about you but my productivity levels are at an all time low. It may be because working around the holidays is such a bummer or that this week is going to drag on after getting back from our vacation. Today I’m sharing 5 ways to combat that and ensure that you’re still being productive during the holidays.
How to be Productive During the Holidays
- Beat the holiday rush // There’s nothing worse than dragging out your holiday shopping until the last minute and feeling completely pressed for time. Try to get your shopping done ahead of time so that you’re not worrying about it. I know a lot of people who get all of their Christmas shopping done before Black Friday but if you can get it done at least a week in advance, then you’ll be good to go.
- Get your work stuff organized well in advance // You really don’t want to be dealing with work mishaps on your planned days off for the holidays so try to wrap up all of the important stuff prior to heading out of the office for your break. As long as you get everything you need to get done completed, then you will be able to enjoy your time off without any issues.
- Avoid distractions // I know that this one is easier said than done but when you’re at work you should be focusing on the task at hand, not on finishing up your Christmas shopping. This one kind of goes hand in hand with number two. Too many distractions will prevent you from finishing all you need to get done and then you won’t be able to enjoy your time off as much.
- Don’t overbook your schedule // With the holidays comes a lot of obligations so you need to know how much you can handle without getting too overwhelmed. I’m sure you’re going to want to attend every holiday function that you’re invited to but that’s only going to leave you feeling burnt out and thus, unproductive.
- Enjoy yourself! // The holidays are supposed to be a fun time so make sure you’re enjoying yourself. A lot of people get extremely stressed during the holiday season which can be easily be prevented if you just step back for a moment and take the opportunity to remember what the holiday season is all about.
RELATED: Prepping for the Holidays
How do you stay productive during the holidays? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!