Hello, hello as I mentioned Monday, I can’t believe it’s already August and time to share my August goals. This weekend is going to be pretty exciting considering Saturday is my bridal shower. I can’t believe how quickly time is flying and I’m so excited for the weekend. Now it’s time to recap my July Goals and share my August goals with you all.
July Goals Recap
- Work out twice a week at the very least // I’m going to give myself half credit for this one because I did workout once a week most weeks but it still wasn’t super consistent. I tried on my wedding dress again last weekend and it fit like a charm without any alterations so I am not too worried. I do want to go to be active and healthy, but I am not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t happen.
- Read two books // Fail. I’ll give myself half credit because I finished one but traveling 3/4 weekends in July made it pretty impossible to read multiple books since I never really took a break on the weekends.
- Make a conscious effort to keep the apartment clean // I have to admit I have gotten a little better about this but I’m nowhere near where I want to be so this is another one I need to keep working on.
Continue updating old Pinterest graphics to drive traffic to older posts //Finally one that I actually completed but this is something I need to continue doing on a monthly basis.
- Solidify the food tasting date +
figure out some more of the wedding decor// I didn’t complete this one but not because I didn’t want to but because a few days after I published this post I realized that my food tasting wasn’t going to be scheduled until sometime in August for a date in September so this goal couldn’t really be completed. I have figured out some more ideas for wedding decor though so this goal wasn’t completely lost.
As you can see, I kind of failed with my goals this month, but that’s completely okay. It’s time for a new month and a fresh start and I’m ready to kill it.
- Read two books // I want to get back into reading again like I had for the past few months so I want to finish at least 2 books this month. I will only be traveling one weekend out of the month so it shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish.
- Book my hair and makeup trials // I need to book my hair and makeup trials this month so I can nail down my look for my wedding day. I have a general idea of what I’d like for the wedding day, but who really knows until you try.
- Clean out my closet // It’s been awhile since I cleaned out my closet so I think it’s time to do another purge and get rid of some stuff that I have been holding onto for god knows what reason.
- Finish Welcome Sequence for Confetti Social // In case you missed it, I am starting my own business, Confetti Social, which strives to help creative entrepreneurs be the life of the party on social media. I know the key to an engaged and high converting audience is effectively using your email list so this is my goal for the month of August to get people excited about my upcoming content and whatever else that’s about to come.
- Make time for self care // This shouldn’t be something that I have to make a goal, but unfortunately it is. Sometimes between working full time, starting my own business, and planning a wedding I forget to treat myself so I want to make a point to do that for myself this month whether it’s an at home spa night, taking a night off from blogging/working on biz stuff or going to get a massage.
It’s time for the monthly goal-setting link-up called The Road to a Better Me! As a way to share my goals with my readers and keep myself accountable, this link-up was created to motivate all of us reach our goals! This link-up starts today, August 3rd and will be the first Wednesday of every month throughout the entire year. Each link-up will stay open until the following Saturday. Your post can be anything related to goal-setting including monthly goals, blogging goals, personal goals, etc. Share your August goals + keep yourself accountable.
I would love for you join this exciting monthly link-up! Remember to please visit others blogs in the link-up and comment on them to make this link-up even more fun.
[inlinkz_linkup id=653273 mode=1]
What are your August 2016 goals? Please feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!