It’s time to share my April goals. I truly can’t believe we’re already four months in to 2016. I feel like time has just flown by. Between work, school, blogging and wedding planning, my free time is pretty slim so I can only imagine that’s why it seems like time is escaping me. Anyway, here’s to a great April!
Recap of March Goals:
Read two books //Yay I did this! I read Luckiest Girl Alive and the Age Fix. I definitely recommend them both. Continue not drinking soda //Two months of no soda for this girl. Trust me, if you’ve ever met me then you know that this a pretty big deal. Get my hair & makeup appointments booked //SUCCESS! I was even able to book the hair artist to do my bridesmaids hair for the wedding day.
- Work out twice a week // Nope. Maybe if I stop putting this as a goal I will actually do it. Probably not. I really need to get on this though because my wedding is in 7 months and I would like to shed a few pounds before the big day.
Do some spring cleaning //YES! I cleaned out my junk drawer and packed up a huge bag of clothes to be donated. I will be taking that to the donation drop off very soon.
4/5 goals complete. Not too shabby, I’d say. I expected that it would be much worse this month, not going to lie.
- Read two books // I would like to keep it up with reading and continue to read at least two books a month. I know some months will be busier than others but I am determined to meet my 2016 reading goal.
- Work out once a week// Since I have failed nearly every month with setting a specific goal per week for working out, maybe not putting that additional pressure of having to work out a certain number of times per week will make me want to go more often. Wishful thinking, eh? I just need to become a morning person so that I can do all of the things. If I can’t fit in a work out once a week, then I need to reevaluate my priorities and fast.
- Continue not drinking soda // I don’t think I will even need to include this goal next month because then I will have not had a soda in three months so I doubt I will even have a craving for one anymore but at this point I still do experience cravings from time to time.
- Start working on setting up my office // I FINALLY have my own little office space and can’t wait to share it with y’all when it is complete. I’ve already purchased my desk and a desk chair which should be arriving at some point this week so I am pretty stoked to start getting it all together.
- Figure out the flowers for the wedding // I have some ideas in mind but I don’t know exactly what flowers my florist caries or what is seasonally appropriate in November so we have an appointment with her later this month to discuss all the possibilities for the wedding.
- Stop procrastinating on my school assignments // I am very lucky that this hasn’t bitten me in the butt yet because I always seem to wait until the last possible minute to do my assignments. I still do really well on them, but it would definitely take a weight off my shoulders to complete them in a more timely manner.
That’s all for my April goals. Let’s hope that I can nail them all this month. Cheers to a fabulous month, ladies.
It’s the fourth month of the monthly goal-setting link-up called The Road to a Better Me! As a way to both share our goals with our readers and keep ourselves accountable, Brittany and I created this link-up to motivate all of us reach our goals! This link-up starts today, April 6th and will be the first Wednesday of every month throughout the entire year. Each link-up will stay open until the following Saturday. Your post can be anything related to goal-setting including monthly goals, blogging goals, personal goals, etc.
We would love for you join us in this exciting monthly link-up! Remember to use the hashtag #theroadtoabetterme when posting on any social media sites and to grab our button to place on your post as well. Also, please visit others blogs in the link-up and comment on them to make this link-up even more fun.
[inlinkz_linkup id=622731 mode=1]
What are your April goals? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!