Making sure your hair is kept healthy is essential. Today I’m sharing 6 tips for healthier hair to ensure that your hair is always at its best.
6 Tips for Healthier Hair
- Refrain from using heat as often as possible // I know this one is super difficult but heat is ultra damaging to your hair. I only curl or straighten my hair for special occasions and blow dry it very seldom. This helps my hair from becoming too dry and damaged.
- Check what ingredients are hiding in your shampoo and conditioner // Your shampoo and conditioner shouldn’t contain parabens or sulfates because those are really damaging to your hair. I have been using HASK Argan Oil hair products and they work wonders and are sulfate and paraben free. My hair hasn’t felt this soft or healthy in ages. I use their shampoo, conditioner, and shine oil on a daily basis and their deep conditioner once a week.
- Don’t use too many products // It’s all about using the right products, but there is such thing as using too many products. That will weigh your hair down and instead of achieving a full volume look, your hair will look even more lifeless than it did with no product in it.
- Rinse and condition your hair with cold water // Like I said above, heat is really not your friend. Doing this simple tip with leave your hair feeling a lot softer and shinier. I try to do this as often as possible and my hair always feels way better after using cold water than it does the days I don’t.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase // Although I do not currently do this, I have heard all about the benefits of this and definitely want to give it a try in the future. They prevent breakage and moisture loss after tossing and turning all night. I plan on getting silk cases in the future and testing this theory for myself.
- Refrain from washing your hair everyday // If you’re like me and your hair turns into a grease pit if you don’t wash it everyday, then I feel your pain but try to go at least a day in between washes if possible. During those days, dry shampoo is your best friend.
Do you have any tips for healthier hair? Let me know down in the comments.
Disclaimer: I was provided with HASK Argan Oil hair products in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that support Breakfast at Lilly’s.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!