Hey y’all, happy Friday! The 4th of July marks the halfway mark to 25 so I wanted to see what I have already accomplished and what still needs to be done. Now for my 25 before 25 update. Let’s jump into it, shall we?
25 Before 25 Update
- Travel to a new place // I’m going to italicize this because we’re traveling to Jamaica for our honeymoon in November so I know that this is going to be crossed off before the end of the year.
Buy a new car// (January 2016) This was an early goal that I accomplished but I am so happy to have a new car.
- Be fearless // This is a work in progress. I am in the process of starting a new venture so I’d say I’m halfway there. I want to continue being fearless in all other aspects of life though.
- Be more present // This is also one of my 2016 resolutions and I’m not going to lie, I haven’t been doing the best with this. Because I decided I wanted to embark on a new adventure, (hint: it involves owning my own biz) I have been putting a lot of focus on this so I haven’t been able to be the most present but I am surely trying.
- Save 6k in my emergency fund // I’m over halfway to this goal so if things keep going like they are, then this should be a reality before my 25th birthday.
- Participate in a 30-day challenge // Not quite yet but I really am looking to do a workout challenge here soon. (Hopefully July since that’s the month of my bach party)
Finish accumulating all of my home decor(May 2016)
- Become a more positive person // Keeping a positive outlook has been so tough lately especially when I have some things holding me back from embracing my full potential but I am really working on being positive no matter what’s going on.
Participate in a no spend month //I think I am going to participate in a no spend during August or September. October and November will hold tons of wedding related expenses so it’s just not realistic to shoot for those two months.
- Learn how to cook // If we’re being completely honest, I haven’t touched this goal yet. I really want to take up cooking but the last thing I want to do when I get home from a long day at work is cook dinner.
Hold myself more accountable for my spending //I’ve been so-so at this. I have been saving a chunk of money each month but I could definitely be doing better. Get a bonus at work //(March 2016) I achieved this! Even though it was a pretty small bonus since I had only been working at the company since the end of September, it still counts.
- Send more snail mail // I’ve been sending more snail mail between save the dates and my upcoming wedding invites and there will be more to come after the wedding, I’m sure.
- Work to improve my photography skills // This was one of my 2016 blogging goals and so far, I have been doing a little better. I am still not proud of my photos so this is something that I want to change.
Take better care of my skin //I’ve done so much better with this. I have been washing my face nearly every night and making sure that on the nights that I don’t that I at least take off my makeup.
- Go skydiving // Not just yet but I am sure hoping.
Work on keeping my apartment neater //I’m the worst at this. Just like cooking, the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is clean.
- Start making more passive income // I’ve been making more passive income by affiliate links and ads so that’s been nice. I hope to increase my passive income revenue in the near future.
- Drink more water // The only thing I drink now is water so it’s safe to say that I am killing this goal.
- Learn how to code a little better // Eh, haven’t really worked on this yet but hopefully soon!
- Stop trying to do everything all at once // Nope, I still do this…but not really at home, just during my day job. It’s probably one of my worst habits but what can ya do?
- Fully redesign my site // This is in the works and I’m so stoked to unveil it to y’all.
- Be more intentional with my time // I’ve actually been doing this and planning out what I’m going to do when has been so helpful.
- Get rid of clothing I don’t truly love // I have been cleaning out my closet and can’t wait to finish and only have clothing that I love in my closet.
- Always make time for myself // I have been doing better with this but there’s always room for improvement.
I hope y’all enjoyed my 25 before 25 update. I’ve accomplished a decent amount of things and hope to continue crossing things off my list. Did you ever make a list similar to this? What are your goals before your next birthday? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!