Today I wanted to share with you my goals for Breakfast at Lilly’s in 2016. Since I just began blogging in 2015, I didn’t really set any goals for this year otherwise I would do a recap with y’all right now…but here are my 2016 blogging goals. I want this next year to be full of growth and new milestones. Here’s to a great 2016!
2016 Blogging Goals
- Redesign my website and get a consistent branding // As some of you may know, I made the switch from Blogger to WordPress in October of 2015. Since then, I have been working on making all my posts SEO-friendly and other behind the scenes things. In 2016, I want to get a complete redesign for Breakfast at Lilly’s. I haven’t had the funds to do it otherwise I would’ve gone for it a lot sooner.
- Respond to all comments within 72 hours // Sometimes life gets in the way and I can’t always respond to my comments in a timely manner but I want this to change. Responding to comments is essential so I just need to get to it ASAP instead of putting it on the back burner like I often do.
- Increase my traffic // Although I want to increase my traffic each and every month, I want to see consistent and noticeable growth over the next year. I don’t expect to end 2016 with thousands of readers but I’d love some sort of indication that people are actually enjoying my blog.
- Grow all Social Media Channels to 2,500+ // I have already done this on Instagram and Pinterest but I’d love to have my Twitter and Facebook pages have this many followers/likes.
- Continue posting at least 3 times a week // Although for the past 5 or 6 months I have been posting 5 days a week, I may scale it back to 3 times a week come the new year. I think by doing that I will have more time to write and won’t be as stressed out about cranking out a post each weekday.
- Finish Helene’s blogging courses + Pinfinite Growth and
invest in new courses// I have barely made a dent in the three e-courses I am in but want to finish those in 2016 and start taking some more courses. I really enjoy learning all there is to know about blogging so taking these courses really helps me become more and more passionate about all things blogging related.
- Start gaining newsletter subscribers and send out a newsletter at least once a month // I recently decided to finally get a newsletter just so I can start growing my subscriber count so if you are interested in subscribing, you can sign up here.
- Get business cards // I have been wanting to get myself some business cards for the blog for awhile but I was waiting until Breakfast at Lilly’s got a redesign to move any further with that.
- Become a better photographer // Photography is one thing that I kind of struggle with which is why I tend to use stock photos more often than not. I have a DSLR but I hope to be able to get a few different lenses to work on bettering my photography in 2016.
- Continue posting quality content // This year was one of growing and learning as I went. My first couple of months I didn’t focus as much on content as I should have but now that I have learned that’s a big part of what blogging is about, I want to continue to focus on this.
That’s about it for my 2016 blogging goals. What are your 2016 blogging goals? Feel free to let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!