Back in December 2015, I decided I wanted to put some blogging goals in place for the new year. We’re halfway through 2016, so I wanted to share my progress on my blogging goals for the year. Some are definitely still a work in progress but I have been able to fully complete a few of them which is really exciting. Now without further ado, my 2016 blogging goals revisited.
2016 Blogging Goals Revisited
- Redesign my website and get a consistent branding // The Breakfast at Lilly’s redesign is currently in the works and I can’t wait to share this with you in a few months. I’m not changing my name or anything, but I am excited to revamp my website and make everything a little more cohesive.
- Respond to all comments within 72 hours // So far I have been doing okay with this, but sometimes I fall off the wagon and forget to do this. Since I have been extremely busy, I have given myself some grace with this but there is definitely still room for improvement.
- Increase my traffic // This goal is still in the works because some months I do extremely well and others I feel like I am back to square one but I am trying my hardest to make this happen each month.
- Grow all Social Media Channels to 2,500+ // I have already done this on Instagram and Pinterest and my Twitter and Facebook follow counts are slowly but surely rising. As of last night I have 1,854 followers on Twitter and 924 likes on my Facebook page. These two accounts have definitely been harder to grow than my Instagram and Pinterest but I am working at it.
Continue posting at least 3 times a week //I have been doing this! I was doing 5x a week back in 2015 but I found that to be really difficult once I got a full time job so 3x a week has been amazing for me. Finish Helene’s blogging courses+ Pinfinite Growthand invest in new courses// I have finished all of Helene’s courses that I have bought but I am still chipping away at Pinfinite Growth. I hope to finish that very soon though because I know it will take my Pinterest account even further than it already is. Start gaining newsletter subscribersand send out a newsletter at least once amonth // Although my subscriber count is not really anything to write home about, I have been working on content upgrades with my post to continue to grow my email list. I haven’t quite gotten into the sending out the newsletter business yet, but its in the works.
- Get business cards // This is the first thing I am going to do once my redesign is complete so this one is still in the works but I will definitely have them before the end of the year.
- Become a better photographer // I have gotten a little better at this but as always, there’s still room for improvement so I plan to continue working on this for the second half of the year.
Continue posting quality content //With reducing the amount of times per week that I post, I have really been able to focus on my content and making sure that it’s high quality. I anticipate doing this for the rest of the year.
As you can see, a lot of my goals are still a work in progress, but I am working away at each and every one of them to ensure that they will be accomplished by the end of 2016. Hope you enjoyed reading my 2016 blogging goals revisited. What were your 2016 blogging goals? I’d love to know! Let me know down in the comments.
Become a Breakfast at Lilly's Insider
Sign up today and receive your FREE daily blogging checklist!